Services for Seniors
Listed below are a number of Services provided to Senior Citizens.
If you know of any additional services that you would like to offer to assist or become
a volunteer, please contact us at (716) 992-3408.
External Link: Guide to Services and Programs of Erie County1. Senior Car - Free Transportation for Senior Residents to and from Dr. Appointments, Grocery Shopping, Drug Store, Banking, etc. Please call the Eden Service Line at (716) 992-3067 to make arrangements.
2. Eden Senior Citizens Group - Meet every other Thursday at Eden Town Hall. Fore more information, contact the Group's president, Maury Dole at 992-4640.
3. ACES - Active Citizens for Eden Seniors - A newly formed group inspired to help Seniors. This group provides monthly programs for Seniors plus information regarding services to enable Seniors to remain in their homes longer. To sign up for their newsletter call Donna Sundell at 716.649-4404 or click on the link to obtain the latest newsletter:
Through the efforts of Active Citizens for Eden Seniors (ACES) and St. John's Community Church, Erie County Senior Services is considering placement of a Stay Fit Dining Program in Eden. The proposed Eden location is at St John's Community Church. ACES is conducting this SURVEY to get YOUR opinion on this topic. The Stay Fit Dining Center would serve hot, well-balanced lunches to Seniors two days a week (to begin with) and would be a place where Seniors can socialize, make new friends and connect with old ones. Please click on the link for more details.
Active Citizens for Eden Seniors has teamed up with the Eden United Methodist Church to offer a Alzheimer Caregiver Respite Program here in Eden. Following the format set up by the Hamburg United Methodist church 5 years ago the Eden program is free to anyone who is caring for a loved one with dementia. The program is designed to give caregivers a few hours of free time to take care of their own needs while trained volunteers care for their loved one providing activities such as crafts, games, light exercise, music and a healthy lunch. The program has over 30 trained volunteers and cares for 5-10 guests each session. The Eden program is one of three in the area offering its program from 10:30 to 2:30 on the third Wednesday of every month at the Eden United Methodist Church, 2820 East Church Street in Eden. Those interested in the Eden program can contact Kevin Karstedt at 992-2248 to sign up a loved one or to volunteer to help. When:The 3rd Wednesday of each month
Time:10:30 A.M. to 2:30 P.M.
Where:Eden United Methodist Church, 2820 East Church Street, Eden
Who: Contact Kevin Karstedt - 992-2248
The other programs in the area are:
The 1st Wednesday of each month
Springville United Methodist Church, 474 East Main Street, Springville
Contact Pastor Vredenburg - 860-5570
The 2nd Wednesday of each month
Hamburg United Methodist Church, 116 Union Street, Hamburg
Contact Lisa Rood - 941-5703
4. Rural Transit - Additional Transportation Program - Contact 662-8378. This service is also wheelchair accessible.
5. Community Concerns of WNY, Inc.
- Contact 947-5025 Provides services to seniors that consist of help with getting Meals on Wheels, Home Care, and the Personal Emergency Response System. We also assist with HEAP and Food Stamps applications, along with Volunteer services, and a cleaning service.
6. Eden/North Collins Food Pantry - Every Wednesday, from 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. at Holy Spirit Church Hall in North Collins.
Eden-North Collins Food Pantry located at Holy Spirit Church Hall, 2005 Halley Rd., North Collins, NY
The Eden-North Collings Food Pantry is a group of volunteers brought together to serve those in our communities who are in need of food assistance. Their mission is to maintain an accessible, hospitable center for food distribution to eligible individuals and families under the able guidance and regulation of the Food Bank of WNY. Call (716) 374-5683 for more information.
History of Eden North Collins Food Pantry
9. Erie County Senior Services: 858-8526
10. Meals on Wheels: 822-2002